The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) was passed by Congress and signed into law by President George H.W. Bush on July 26, 1990. The ADA is a comprehensive law that deals with all disabling conditions – the text can be found here at http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/ada/pubs/ada.htm. The actual Department of Justice ADA technical manual, in total, is over 1,000 pages in length!
- ADA Overview
- Title I – Employment
- Title II – State & Local Governments
- Title III – Private Services
- ADA Employment Requirements – rights and responsibilities
- Interviewing and Accommodating People With Disabilities
- State and Local Governments: ADA Obligations
- Reasonable accommodations
- Disability awareness
- Modification of policy & practices
- Effective communication
- Subject specific (i.e. accessing emergency response systems, child care, or recreation environments)
- Facility Access
At 360 Translations we can demystify your rights and requirements under the ADA.
Call our office at 856-356-2922 today to arrange for your training session.